Off-Blocks Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Off-Blocks Limited, which provides a Mobile Application for Digital Identity via Blockchain technology (App) which you may download onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device). We also have an information website that you may visit (www.off-blocks.com/frontpage) (Site).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Off-Blocks Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with company registration number 11240123 whose registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N17GU.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1 We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, download or register the App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or connect with your friends on our app and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. If you contact us, We will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, the city you live in and your gender.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use one our App we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including social media friends lists, login information, photos or other digital content and check ins (Content Information);
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to traffic data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access (Log Information).
- a cryptographic hash of identifying information, such as your name and date of birth;
- a cryptographic hash of contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number;
- blockchain identifiers, such as blockchain addresses and public keys.
- Location information. We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by going to your Privacy Settings and turning off your location services on your device either for all our apps or for our app specifically.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- We keep you information safe. The signature and underlying data is published together on a decentralised public protocol along with a time-stamp. This Digital Identity is securely created and stored on the Users Mobile Device and can be accessed via the Users biometrics. There is a double authentication process for you to get to your private key and this will unlock your data.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: to create an account with us and allow us to understand more about you so we can make better and more personalised recommendations to you.
- Device information: to understand more about the different bugs and fixes required on different devices, how the content can be presented better and for continuous improvement of our app.
- Log information: to understand how you interact with our app, which features you use most and understand more about what we can do to improve the app the experience we give to you.
- Third Party Information: to enable payments to be made seamlessly and get the support that we need to provide you with a better service from our trusted partners.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will disclose the data we collect from you to the following third parties:
Category of data
Marketing emails and notifications about our service
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Off-Blocks Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Off-Blocks Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Although we utilise blockchain technology, none of the personal data we collect about you is stored on a blockchain protocol. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
WHAT WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO DO WITH THE INFORMATION
At Off-Blocks Limited we take your privacy seriously and will only use your Information as mentioned above.
However from time to time we would like to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This Information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, email or our website.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
If at any point you wish to know which Information we are processing about you, or if you do not wish for us to process your Information anymore or if you believe the Information we process on you is incorrect or obsolete you can request to see this Information and/or have it corrected or deleted by us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Information, please contact us at the email address above to have the matter investigated.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your Information not in accordance with the law you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/.
Our App and Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. We will provide you with such information free of charge.
To access your personal data and update it or delete it please log into your account, access the side menu, click on your profile and update your settings.